Nu-Calgon iWave-R Whole House Air Cleaner
Model: 4900-20 / Part: #191376
- Free Returns
- 100% Compatibility Guarantee
- Bi-polar ion generator kills mold, bacteria, viruses
- Reduces allergens, smoke and static electricity
- Controls odors from pets, cooking, new paint, carpet, VOCs
- Self-cleaning and maintenance free; requires no replacement parts
- Professional installation may be required
Nu-Calgon iWave-R Whole House Air Cleaner - With technology installed in over 200,000 applications, iWave-R is the world's first self-cleaning, no maintenance needlepoint bi-polar ionization generator designed specifically for treating air in residential duct A/C systems.
As the air flows past the iWave-R, positive and negative ions actively purify the supply air, killing mold, bacteria and viruses in the coil and living space. The ionization process also reduces allergens,
smoke and static electricity, as well as controlling odors (cooking, pet, VOCs) and other particles in the air without creating ozone or any harmful byproducts.
How Bi-Polar Ionization Works
iWave devices are bi-polar, meaning they use two emitters to create equal amounts of positive and negative ions. When these ions are injected into the air stream, creating a plasma region, they break down passing pollutants and gases into harmless compounds like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water vapor. When the ions come in contact with viruses, bacteria or mold, they remove the hydrogen molecules from the pathogens. Without hydrogen, the pathogens have no source of energy and will die. The ions also attach to allergens, such as pollen, smoke and other particles, causing them to band together until they are large enough to be caught by filters.
Designed for universal mounting, the iWave-R can be installed inside or outside of duct, or attached magnetically near the indoor fan in the air handler. NOTE: This product may require professional installation.
- iWave-R treats the air in any brand of residential duct air conditioning systems up to 6 tons (2400 CFM) in size
- Self-cleaning - no maintenance and no replacement parts
- Universal mounting - either attach with screws or affix to the system with integral magnets. Mount near the fan inlet (shaft side) on a metal surface in the air handler, internal wall duct or external wall duct depending on what is best for the installation
- Universal voltage capability, connect 24VAC to 240VAC voltage input, whatever is most convenient for quick installation
- Input Voltage: 24VAC to 240VAC
- Power (VA): 10 VA
- Frequency: 50/60 HZ
- System Size: 6 tons (2400 CFM)
- Ion Output: 160 million ions/cc per polarity (320 million total ions/cc)
- Dimensions: 6" L x 4.8" W x 2" D
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Electrical Approvals: UL and cUL approved
- Service Temp. Range: -40ºF to 160ºF